Whether he is feasting on barrels of oysters, braces of carps, larks' tongues and copious amounts of wine, merrymaking in taverns until the early hours, attending formal dinners with lords and ladies or entertaining guests at home with his young wife, these irresistible selections from Pepys's diaries provide a frank, high-spirited and vivid picture of the joys of over-indulgence - and the side-effects afterwards.
- Raw review: A glorious revel in the joys and horrors of excess.
- Babies by the Bay, Second Edition: The Insiders Guide to everything from Doctors and Diapers to Playgrounds and Preschools in the San Francisco Bay Area!
- Darker Joys;
- What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography.
- TEN FUN THINGS TO DO IN DAYTONA BEACH.
- Saving Toby (Toby & Claudia Book 1).
Samuel Pepys was born on 23 February , the son of a London tailor. He graduated from Cambridge in , and in he married Elizabeth St Michel. He started work for Sir Edward Montague, a relation who later became the 1st Earl of Sandwich, and through him first went to sea.
Pepys later found work with the Navy Office, eventually rising to become Secretary of the Admiralty. Samuel Pepys died on 26 May His diaries, which had been written in code, were bequeathed to Magdalen College, Cambridge, where they can still be viewed.
THE JOYS OF EXCESS | Maclean's | AUGUST 5
For the latest books, recommendations, offers and more. By signing up, I confirm that I'm over View all newsletter. Books Categories. Children's Children's 0 - 18 months 18 months - 3 years 3 - 5 years 5 - 7 years 7 - 9 years 9 - 12 years View all children's.
Forget FOMO it’s all about JOMO: the joy of missing out
Industry Reviews A visceral, earthy writer. More eBooks in Diaries See All. The Boat. Women of Letters Women of Letters. My African Conquest Cape to Cairo at The Kempton-Wace Letters.
mail.mykolablyashin.biz/67-best-price.php Mind, Body, Soul Journal Discover a sense of purpose and live your best Letters from an Astrophysicist. Letters from Tove.
Beardies' World. Diary of a Lone Twin.
A Love Letter to Europe An outpouring of sadness and hope from writers, Learn more and compare subscriptions. Or, if you are already a subscriber Sign in. Close drawer menu Financial Times International Edition.
- Thirteen Days, Ten States, Five Museums, and Some Route 66?
- Gnome For The Holidays (Gnome Novel Series Book 3).
- Samuel Pepys.
- The Joys of a Simple Holiday Season – Simply Bentley.
Search the FT Search. World Show more World. US Show more US.
Business Show more Business.